Make Your Own Perfume
SPECIAL PLUSH FOLLY PRICE OF ONLY £10.00 - RRP £14.99
If you would like Sally to sign a dedication in the book please let us know what you would like written in the customer comments box or put 'dedication - Sally's words' if you would like Sally to choose what to write.
Back to the book - Wearing perfume is often limited by the cost of designer brands. Blending your own fragrance takes perfume wearing to another level. You can design your own perfume to suit your mood, your character and your lifestyle - and, of course, your budget!
Make Your Own Perfume guides you through individual aromas, showing you how to design and structure perfume for yourself and for others. It includes blending tips to help you create your own range of gorgeous signature scents and fragrances that you can wear as often as you like.
In this book you will discover how to:
* Identify the fragrance families and choose which ones are better suited to different occasions
* Classify both natural and synthetic oils into 'note' categories to enable you to balance your perfume
* Make tinctures and infusions to use in your perfumes
* Dilute your perfume blend to become a body spray, eau de toilette, eau de parfum, pure perfume, or aftershave
* Package your perfume - and choose appropriate names for it
* Create perfume blends for pot pourri, reed diffusers and other room scenting products.
About the Author
Sally Hornsey runs Plush Folly, a private cosmetic training company, specialising in a range of cosmetic making workshops, kits, and home study courses. Sally's interest in perfume began when she managed the perfume counter for a well-known department store. Since then, her nose has taken Sally on a perfume adventure and she enjoys having beautiful aromas and fragrances woven into her life.
She has blended perfumes with celebrities on the radio and on television, and worked with members of the England Rugby team to create an April Fool's spoof aftershave that actually smelt good (even though it contained essence of sweaty sock!). Sally appeared on the Channel 4 television programme 'Kirstie & Phil's Perfect Christmas' helping Kirstie make her signature scent - Kirstie Number 1.
See Mixed Gems review